College Students and Early Career Professionals
Is this you?
- I’m in my late twenties or early thirties and I’m not sure where I’m headed.
- I’m still in college and not sure what to major in.
- I’m in college and need to explore my career options.
- I’m not sure if I’m in the right career. I need to sort out some career issues and questions.
- I hate my job and need to make a plan to find another job.
- I think I’m in the wrong career and want to change.
- I am ready to put myself out there and find my way, but I need some help.
- I need an objective sounding board. Someone who will tell me if my career aspirations are doable.
- I am not sure what’s special about me or what I’m good at.
A thorough and practical approach to career decision making
Many college students are uncertain about who they are, what they’re good at, how they operate, and what they want to do with their lives. It takes time and reflection to figure this out. It takes self-awareness and self-regulation too. Others know exactly what they want but will benefit greatly from discussing their career aspirations with an objective and supportive confidant. My career decision program is designed to help all college students gain a better understanding of who they are and how they operate in the world. We take time to account for what I call VIPSS: Values, Interests, Personality, Strengths, and Skills. In the end, students come away with greater self-knowledge, better self-regulation habits, and a better idea of their best career paths. I cover a checklist of practical information and action items in a comprehensive, 10-hour program (divided into 4 sessions) called Career Decisions. (Fee $3,000)
- Identifying who you are and how you operate
- Accounting for your VIPSS: Values, Interests, Personality, Strengths, and Skills
- Locating the intersection of ideal career or dream job and today’s job market
- How to make the campus career office work for you
- When, how, and where to get internships
- Designing a resume and LinkedIn profile that markets your strengths
- Interview preparation and interview tips
- Genuine networking and mentoring connections
Telephone and Video Consultations:
Straightforward career advice. Your agenda. Your questions. This session includes a pre-session questionnaire completed in advance. (100% of invested fee is applicable to all other programs.)
Telephone or video consultation: 30 minutes: $150; one hour: $300.