INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWS – 20 POWERFUL QUESTIONSPublished on April 24, 2014 at 8:34 pm
One of my clients just messaged me asking me for an some advice about an Informational Interview she will be conducting next week. Here’s what I shared with her. What’s an Informational Interview? It’s an interview that the job seekers request from well-connected people or potential to employers.
- How did you get your start?
- Did your always know exactly what you wanted to do with your life?
- What do you LOVE about what you do? What do you hate?
- Looking back, what is a powerful lesson you have learned along the way?
- What are your natural strengths? What do you struggle with?
- Tell me a about a big win, a huge success story?
- Tell me about any regrets you might have?
- Can you tell me about a big risk?
- What’s been most fulfilling about your work?
- What doubts and obstacles have you encountered along the way?
- In terms of getting a start, what wisdom can you impart to me?
- What talents and skills are critical for me to be successful in your line of work?
- What is a typical day like? Can you walk me though a whole day?
- What’s the best part of your day? What energizes you?
- What trends do you see in the future of your of work/business?
- What attitudes and values do you believe are most important to be successful in your field?
- What are some big and small mistakes you have made along the way and what did you learn from them?
- If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
- Can you think of anyone I should meet?
- Any parting words of wisdom?
This post was written by Lisa Jacobson